Contact Info

Have Wedding, Engagement, Family, Holiday, Sports, or any other kind of Photography that needs to be taken? Contact me for an affordable Quote thats hard to beat! You can reach me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001383557885, Email me at Sthomasinc@yahoo.com, or even Call me at 559-367-4937

Monday, January 17, 2011

Great Customer Service in Photography

In addition to 15 years of photography, Customer Services has been one of the biggest parts of photography. Point blank and simple, Without Customers, there is no Service. The strange part about it, is that people don't get it. In this industry, your photography is the heart of your customers. And if you don't take that into consideration, you will not go far in this business. For me, I love photography, the events, and most of all the clients I have worked for. Over the years, People have asked me several questions, and every part of each of the answers, stems from the love and friendship I feel for the people I have photographed. For each Customer, your not just taking a random picture. Your capturing a moment in their life, that can only be relived via memories, pictures, or in video, and if you don't remember that, you wont have customers. So here are some things to think about when photographing Customers, that will insure great customer service.

First things first..... You need to love what your doing. If you don't love what your doing, it will show in your pictures. In loving what you do, you take pride in your work, and make it a point to take the best pictures you can possibly take, and if the image is not looking like you want it, you will keep trying until it looks right. The best part of loving what you do, is you end up having a lot of fun, and enjoying yourself. The great part is, when you're having fun and enjoying yourself, it shows in your pictures, and the Customers will love you for it.

That being said, the second is...... Yes, Having fun and Enjoying yourself is the second part to insuring great Customer Services. When I first started out at the Photo Studios, I was always having fun, and customers would ask, how can you keep that up all day, you must be exhausted after work. And I say the same thing then, as I say now. I get paid to act stupid, I just embellish it way to much. Everyone always says, if your not having fun, why do it??? And I feel the same way, so I try and have fun with my clients, enjoy myself in their moments, just as I would in my moments. Think about this, does anyone want to be around someone whom does not enjoy themselves and seems to be having fun? And these moments your capturing are the Customers so have fun with them.

3rd, Interaction......... I came up with a quote in High School, and I have loved it ever since. You must interact with the art, not just look at it. Getting to know who your photographing, what they like, dislike, etc is a must to insure great Customer Service. If you don't get to know them, how can you try and photograph and make sure the moments you capture, are ones they want you to capture. Or for that matter, the images you present to them, have the quality they are interested in. If they like Black and White pictures or Sepia, or if they like different styles or pictures from different angels. Its all apart of the interaction you have with your customers. The great part about getting to know your customers, is not only do you find out what they like, but you end up becoming a great part of their experience, and they will trust you.

Lastly, I feel Trust and Honesty is Key. When your photographing a wedding, the customer needs to feel that your an honest trusting person that will make sure you capture everything you want them to capture. If you look at things from their point of view. Most photographers require payment before the event, so the customer has to trust that your going to show up, and not run off with their money. If your photographing a wedding, the couple must trust that you get the kiss, etc. And the majority of the time, customers don't get to see the pictures until well after their event, so they have to trust that the pictures come out great. So if your honest, and you want to ensure customers know that, be honest with them and don't hide anything from them.

These are just some of the things I have learned over the years, and have seen through experiences. A lot of times Customers have so much on their mind with the event they are preparing for, that they want to feel like everything is going to come out fantastic, and it is our job to help with that. If these are the last words you read, here it is....... A photographer is one of the most important people to show up. In a wedding, 6 people/company are a must. The Bride and Groom, the Pastor, the Photographer, the Catering or food, and the DJ. A photographer is just as important as 4 out of the 6, and since you world for the other 2, taking care of your clients or customers, is the Greatest form of Customer Service possible.

I have been doing this along time, but I am by far no expert, what are your thoughts? Please Share your experiences and memories you have had. Good, Bad, Ugly, Please Share............

No comments:

Post a Comment