Contact Info

Have Wedding, Engagement, Family, Holiday, Sports, or any other kind of Photography that needs to be taken? Contact me for an affordable Quote thats hard to beat! You can reach me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001383557885, Email me at Sthomasinc@yahoo.com, or even Call me at 559-367-4937

Monday, December 27, 2010

Photography After the Holidays

After the holidays, when our stomachs are full, our wallets are empty, and our heart is warm with the joy and fun we had this holiday, we have nothing but out memories, and photos taken to look back on. Looking back at the photos we have taken can be a lot of fun, and have a great effect on what we want to do in the future. The future you ask? Well, when I look back on the photos that I have taken over the holiday season, I tend to not only have fun re-living the moments I have had, but I look at what I can do to have the same experiences, if not better experiences and memories next year.

Have you ever gone to your grandparents house and seen photos on the walls, or in albums and wonder who the people are, where did they come from? Ever wonder about all the photos people have taken throughout the years? Well I did. But I did it full force on my own. Here is what I did...........

Several years ago, I told my mom that at some point, I wanted to take all her photos, scan them, and put them all on my hard drive. So a couple years ago, they came out with the 1TB External Hard Drive, and I had to have one. When I got it, the first thing I did was called up my mom, told her I was coming over to her house, taking every photo that she had, and I did. So I went over, grabbed all her pictures, albums, and frames off her walls, and bolted out the door. As I started scanning the photos, I came across a large amount of photos, that I had no idea who the people where. So I pulled my mom in, and started asking questions. I found out a lot about my family. After I was done, I turned around and asked My In-laws for their photos, and started working on those photos. I still have not finished their photos, but they have tons, and I mean TONS of photos.

Heres the fun and cool part........ I think everyone should do this. So I urge you, ask you, plead to you. PLEASE try what I have done, and comment back telling me how it is going, how everything turned out, or some of the things you have done or found in your family photos. Now I'm not asking you to go out, spend $150 on an External Hard Drive and scan all the photos your family has ever taken. I'm asking you to go back, and look at old family photos, ask questions about them or talk about them. if your young, talk to your parents or grandparents. If your not so young, talk to your kids about old photos, or if your older, please talk to your grandkids. Hand down your old photos, teach or learn the history of your family. And when your done, share with us! Here are some old Photos I found from my Family......




No comments:

Post a Comment