Contact Info

Have Wedding, Engagement, Family, Holiday, Sports, or any other kind of Photography that needs to be taken? Contact me for an affordable Quote thats hard to beat! You can reach me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001383557885, Email me at Sthomasinc@yahoo.com, or even Call me at 559-367-4937

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Photography At The Starting Line

Photography was something I fell into, it was something that needed to be done so that I could get my job done, but now, its a huge passion of mine. Flash back to 1995, when a buddy of mine, while in English class told me about the Yearbook. He told me that it was an easy class, you got out of other classes all the time, as well as being able to go to school functions and games for free. So I signed up, applied for the spot and got it. As I was working on a spread for the yearbook, I needed a staff photographer to take some pictures, so I asked the advisor. Just before I could ask, he told me there were no photographers available for at least 2 or 3 weeks, which if i had waited, I would not have met my deadline. So I asked if i could be shown how to use a camera, and I would take the pictures for myself. A couple weeks later, the pictures came back, I finished the spread, and the advisor made me a staff photographer.

After 2 years as a staff photographer, photographing everything from sports, plays, functions, as well as other programs and events the advisors had to offer. I graduated high school, and moved 5 hours, where I found work as a photographer at a major photo studio. I was originally hired as seasonal staff, but soon after I was hired, the Manager had me doing some of her duties, and after 2 weeks I was running the studio. I managed the studio for almost 2 years, before I decided to move on to a different company. There, I started yet again as a photographer, and quickly moved up the ranks as an Assistant Manager. After a year, the company sent me to a training studio, and they soon realized after a week of being there, that I was better suited as full on management. I traveled around as a District Training Manager for 2 years, seeing different cities every week, as well as different parts of Northern California.

After several years jumping from Photography job to another, learning all I can about my craft, and how to better myself and my skills, I am now at a point in my life where I can venture out yet again, on an adventure of making memories with friends and family. As well as photographing students and kids all over Southern California, I have been photographing all aspects of photography. Photography for me as grown from just something that needed to be done to get a job completed, to sharing and making memories with family, friends, and loved ones throughout the nation. It has been my goal, and will always be my goal to take the best pictures I possibly can for myself, and for others, and in business, provide a way of capturing memories, as well as creating opportunities for people around me.

15 years later, Photography has been an ultimate labor of love, a work of wonder, and a passion for the pride I have in my work. I am one of the few in the world that gets to say I love what I do, and I have fallen in love with every person I have photographed in all the wedding, parties, sports, schools, as well as all the other events. The great part of all this, is that as I grow as a person, and grow my company, I get to meet great people, whom I can not only help capture memories, but I can fall in love with............

No comments:

Post a Comment